Thursday 17 September 2009

Lucash Neill - Everybody's A Loser


So Lucash is on the brink of joining Everton, securing a salary approximately £5,000 a week less than we were offering. Multiply that by 52 and he is losing a quarter of million pounds in salary for the year on what we offered. Then there is the hassle of moving and the estate's agents costs, assuming he has a house in the South East - and the solicitors costs for the sale and purchase of a house up north of course. Assuming he is selling a gaff at £1.5m, he will be paying agents' fees of £32,000 alone!(more than a week's wages - heaven forbid!)

Then there is the money he has lost whilst on extended gardening leave. He could have been earning £30k a week throughout July, August and September, had he signed the contract we offered. I make that £360,000! So, by me reckoning, Lucash is out of pocket to the tune of over £642,000. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy according to Jamie Carragher!

But can we afford to gloat? My mate Nev is praising Duxbury for allowing Neill to leave but that is short sighted in my opinion. Faubert has aquitted himself well thus far but for how long will that continue? Le Sulk hasn't felt the nip of the winter chill around his nether regions yet this season and my money is on him being "out of sorts" before we reach Christmas. Then what have we got? Spector anybody? Or Behrami played out of position? Personally, I would prefer the option of Neill.

As for Everton, they are signing a player in the second half of September who is not match fit. Lucash is not the quickest anyway and I can't believe his extended break will benefit him. I also suspect that Neill's character would fit better with the temperament of Zola than Moyes.

If there is a winner in this then it is Everton. Both West Ham and Neill must have regrets.

1 comment:

Edz said...

I hope West Ham don't regret this. what I do hope is that now when we play Everton we cant pounce on his lack of pace!